Nose Lab at Sydney ENT Clinic utilises the most up-to-date technology and equipment for allergy and airway testing.
We currently offer the following services through the Nose Lab Clinic:
- Nasal airway assessment- tests objective airway function and includes acoustic rhinometry and rhinomanometry
- Lung and lower airway spirometry
- Skin prick testing- extended inhalant allergen screening
- Comprehensive olfactory(smell) testing with threshold, detection and discrimination analysis
- Taste or gustatory testing
- Lysine-aspirin challenge- direct intranasal challenge to confirm aspirin-sensitive airways disease/aspirin hypersensitivity
- Direct nasal antigen challenge- for identification of hypersensitivity to a suspected allergen, unable to be confirmed by skin prick test or RAST
In addition, we offer sublingual immunotherapy for desensitisation to a wide range of allergens. Immunotherapy solutions are tailored to individual patients and compounded overseas to order. You can read more about desensitisation therapy from ASCIA (Australian Society of Clinical Immunologists and Allergists, in which Prof Harvey is a member). For more information, please contact Sydney ENT Clinic.
To make an appointment for testing with Nose Lab, please ask your GP or other medical practitioner for a referral to us. An online version of Nose Lab referral form can be found here: NOSE LAB
If you have a referral already and require more information, including approximate appointment duration and pre-test medication avoidance, and how to find us, please click here.