Sydney Rhinology Fellowship
- Prof Ray Sacks – Macquarie University Hospital, Concord General and Sydney Adventist Hospitals
- Dr George Marcells – Sydney and Bondi Junction Private Hospitals
- A/Prof Richard Harvey – St Vincent’s Public and Private Hospitals, Macquarie University Hospital,
Clinical Fellow in Rhinology
12 months, 1st July to 30th June
During your time in Sydney you will:
- Provide assistance in the medical and surgical care for rhinology patients admitted to the hospital, those in the outpatient clinic and those undergoing surgery under the care of the fellowship supervisors.
- Attend a fortnightly rhinology conference.
- Prepare and present 2 manuscripts on rhinology research topics.
- Assist with the three (3) rhinological courses at St Vincent’s Hospital:
Endoscopic Orbital/(alternating with Neureorhinology) Course – 4th weekend in January
Open Structured Rhinoplasty Workshop – 4th weekend in February
Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base Surgery Course – 3rd weekend in August
Current projects include:
- Novel topical therapies in CRS management
- Clinical outcomes in skull base surgery
- Outcomes assessment for open rhinoplasty and endoscopic turbinate reduction
- Basic and clinical science to the eitiopathogensis of CRS
- A tissue bank program allowing a range of other research projects
Research and presentation at international meetings is an important part of the Fellowship. The Fellowship is designed for someone wanting to develop a career in academic medicine and continuing research interests. Tertiary hospital placement would be expected after the fellowship and we would provide as much assistance as possible to see the fellow positioned appropriately.
Involvement in local and international meetings will help to build a strong relationship with the international rhinologic community.